Hello 2017 MUNISS delegates,
I hope all your preparations are going great and that you are enjoying yourselves.
I went to MUNISS last year representing Iraq in the Historical Security Council, which was supposed to take part during the Cuban missile crisis.
I had a lot of fun going to Stuttgart and it was an amazing experience.
When I first arrived in the room I was really scared but don’t worry because most chairs decide to do icebreakers before debates actually start. Some delegates were really confident but some were just as stressed out as I was and that was reassuring.
If there is one advice that I would like to give you and that would like you to remember is to PAR-TI-CI-PATE. I know it sounds obvious but once you’re sitting in the room, it’s quite easy to get overwhelmed.
But you should not just sit back and be shy, just get involved in the debate even if you think what you say isn’t as good as what the other delegates are saying. They won’t be judgmental because they also had a first MUN once. Plus, participating makes it all so fun and the day goes by in an instant.
Always remember to be respectful towards everybody, chair, delegates and those little children running around with water bottles (we had a delegate who left the room because people were mean to her in the gossip box comments).
Just enjoy yourself, those few days are going to be great and you will have a lot of fun. You will meet a lot of new people that will become your friends !
( And you’re going to keep a bottle and a pen and I mean, that’s cool ;) )
Emma
No comments:
Post a Comment